RulesView all rules
We are a BYOD LAN that offers an abudance of games to compete in with a solid seat. Therefor this is not a Bring Your Own Controller LAN, but Bring Your Own Device. This mean that you are expected to bring both an own console & screen. You will also be playing games on each others consoles. The preference will go to Steam versions as a PC allows all controller-types. Beyond this, if no agreement can be made, the matches will be played on the console of the upper player in the bracket.
MORTAL KOMBAT 1 SPECIFIC RULING
- Match Play.
All Match Sets will be best-of-three.
The winner of any single Match is determined when the Game awards the win to that Player or upon the opponent causing a match disruption or other violation of the Rules as determined by the Tournament Organizer staff member.
During a Match Set, the winner of any single Match must comply with the following winner lock rules:
- At the start of a Match Set:
- Players select their sides. Players may mutually agree on who sits on left and right side, corresponding to Player 1 and Player 2 at the start of a Match. Players are committed to this selection for the entirety of the Match. If Players cannot agree to a Side Selection, they will play a Best-of-Three Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who picks their side for the first Round. For all subsequent Rounds and Matches, the winner may select a side first.
- Each Player selects their character and the stage is selected at random;
- After any single Match, the winner is "locked" into their character and they are not permitted to switch their character until or unless they lose a subsequent single Match;
- All single Matches are loser's choice; and
- The loser of any single Match may choose between rematching with the Player’s previous characters and stage, rematching with the Player’s previous characters but with a new stage of their choice, or returning to character select to choose a new character and a new randomly selected stage.
All Matches must use the following in-Game Settings:
- Rounds: 2 out of 3
- Time Limit: 90 seconds
- Stage: Random (Required for first game of Match)
- Delayed Final Blow Armor: Off
- Players must use a Game version on one of the following platforms as determined by the Tournament Organizer or as otherwise set forth herein:
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, or Steam.
- Grand Finals. The “Grand Finals” is a Match Set series comprised of up to two best-of-five Match Sets between the final two Players left in the Tournament Event. In the event the Player from the Winner’s Bracket wins the first Match Set, the Grand Finals immediately ends, giving the Player from the Loser’s Bracket their second and eliminating loss. In the event that the Player from the Loser’s Bracket wins the first Match Set, thereby giving the Player from the Winner’s Bracket their first loss, a second best-of-five Match Set will be played. The Players may choose different characters and exercise any pre-Match Set options for this new Match Set. The Player that wins this final Match Set, thereby giving the other Player their second and eliminating loss from the Tournament Event, is declared the winner of such Tournament Event.