Back to overview
TOURNAMENT FORMAT & RULES
- Each Tournament Event will be played as a double elimination (a “Double Elimination”) bracket competition, in which Players compete in Matches (the “Match Sets”) starting from
- Each Player selects their character and the stage is selected at random;
- After any single Match, the winner is "locked" into their character and they are not permitted to switch their character until or unless they lose a subsequent single Match;
- All single Matches are loser's choice; and
- The loser of any single Match may choose between rematching with the Player’s previous characters and stage, rematching with the Player’s previous characters but with a new stage of their choice, or returning to character select to choose a new character and a new randomly selected stage.
- All Matches must use the following in-Game Settings:
- Rounds: 3 out of 5
- Time Limit: 60 seconds
- Stage: Random (Required for first game of Match)
- Character Customizations: Off
- Character Preset Costumes are legal for Tournament use with the exception of the following:
- Jack-7 Preset 3 & 4 cannot be used.
- Gigas Preset 3 cannot be used.
- Players cannot use the same Preset. Should both Players wish to use the same Preset, they will play a tiebreaker as determined by the Tournament Organizer or Tournament Event Organizer (as applicable) to determine who may use their preferred Preset Costume for the duration of the Match.
- If a Character Customization or one of the above listed Presets that cannot be used are used, the Match is subject to not being scored. Players are responsible for immediately finishing the Match with one (1) Player holding forward for the remainder of the rounds to quickly return to the lobby and restart the Match.
- Draws. In the event of a tied Match declared by a Double K.O. or timeout on the Game screen, the Match will not be scored and both Players will replay the tied Match with the same character selections and same stage.
- Grand Finals. The “Grand Finals” is a Match Set series comprised of up to two (2) best-of-five Match Sets between the final two (2) Players left in a Tournament Event. In the event the Player from the Winner’s Bracket wins the first Match Set, the Grand Finals immediately ends, giving the Player from the Loser’s Bracket their second and eliminating loss, and making the Player from the Winner’s Bracket the overall winner of the Tournament Event. In the event that the Player from the Loser’s Bracket wins the first Match Set, thereby giving the Player from the Winner’s Bracket their first loss, a second best-of-five Match Set will be played. The Players may choose different characters and exercise any pre-Match Set options for this new Match Set. The Player that wins this final Match Set, thereby giving the other Player their second and eliminating loss from the Tournament Event, is declared the winner of such Tournament Event. For the sake of clarity, the foregoing shall not apply to Regional Finals and details regarding the structure and format of the Grand Finals for a Regional Finals will be provided at a later date.
- Missing Players. Players must be present at the call time for a Match Set. Players that are not present and ready to play within ten (10) minutes of this call time are subject to Match Set forfeiture.
- Match Disruptions. If a Player intentionally or accidentally causes a pause in a Match, whether by pressing the Options button or by experiencing a controller disconnection or in case of online by disconnecting from the match, the Player that caused the disruption will forfeit the current round of the Match. If a Match disruption occurs that is out of control of the Players of the Match Set, such as action of another Player’s un-desynced controller or a Game software crash or console hardware failure making Players unable to continue a Match, the Tournament Organizer staff member shall order the Players to restart the Match, however it is the responsibility of the players that will be playing to desync any connected controllers
- If a match is disrupted due to circumstances out of the players' control, the match is restarted with the same round wins/losses that were already won prior to the disruption
- All players must be playing on a wired connection and within the EU region
- These rules are subject to change if necessary, Tournament administrators reserve the right to make additional decisions outside the defined ruleset if necessary.
- 1st Place from this tournament will advance to participate in the Finals on 3rd December