RulesView all rules
MultiVersus Game Play Rules
Game Version: PC/Steam
Format: Double Elimination Match: First to two(2) until Top 8 Matches occurring in the Top 8 will be First to three(3) games Timer: Default
Stage Select - See Section 184.108.40.206 Stage Hazards: On Duplicate characters per team are NOT allowed Perks: All are legal
1.1.2. First Game Procedure
- Team 1 selects one of their characters
- Team 2 selects both of their characters
- Team 1 selects their final character and the perks for the final character
- Team 2 selects the perks for both of their characters
- Team 1 selects the perks for the first character they picked
- Team 2 strikes one map from the list of available maps
- Team 1 strikes one map from the list of available maps Repeat steps 6 & 7 until one map remains. Game 1 will be played on the last available map.
220.127.116.11 Proceeding Match Procedure The following steps outline the process of playing a Match.
- Players connect their devices and check the configuration of their devices.
- Players select their team side (see section 1.1.4).
- Players determine characters, perks, and map for the first Game (see section 1.1.2.).
- The Players play the first Game of the Match.
- The team that won the previous game may elect to change characters.
- The team that lost the previous game may elect to change characters.
- The team that won the previous game may elect to change perks.
- The team that lost the previous game may elect to change perks.
- The team that won the previous game can ban up to 2 maps from being selected for the next game.
- The team that lost the previous game selects the map for the next game. The losing team may not select the map that they have most recently won during this Match (known colloquially as Dave’s Stupid Rule).
- The next Game is played.
- Repeat steps 5-11 for all subsequent Games until the Match is complete.
Additional Notes The losing AND winning team of the preceding Match may choose to change characters and/or perks. If they choose to change their characters, the winning team must choose their characters first.
Only those stages are allowed in this tournament : Sky Arena, Platform Sky Arena and Trophy's E.D.G.E
1.1.3. Characters No characters are banned in this event.
1.1.4. Side Selection Players may mutually agree who plays on Team 1 and Team 2. If the Teams cannot agree, Players may use a coin flip, RPS (rock, paper, scissors), or a similar random game, where the winner decides which Team is Team 1.
1.1.5. Permitted Controllers All standard wired keyboards and wired controllers are permitted. Controllers requiring adapters or other connective adapters to connect to the PC need to be cleared with tournament staff prior to the start of the tournament. Gamecube controllers with Delfinovin will be allowed. Macro functions (e.g. turbo buttons) are not permitted.
1.2. Match Obligations 1.2.1. Punctuality All Players must be physically present and have checked in by the Match start time. Players that are not ready to play within ten (10) minutes of the Match start time are subject to penalties including a possible Match forfeiture.
1.2.2. Forfeits Players may not voluntarily forfeit a Match without prior authorization from Tournament Organizers and, even with authorization, are subject to further penalties for forfeiting.
1.3. Match Disruptions 1.3.1. Pauses If a Player either intentionally or accidentally pauses the Game by either pressing the start button or unplugging their own, or their opponent’s controller, the Player who paused forfeits the current Game.
1.3.2. Restarts Tournament Organizers may order a Game or Match restart due to exceptional circumstances, such as if a bug significantly affects a Player’s ability to play or a Game or Match is unable to finish.
1.3.3. Stalling Stalling, exiting out of the match lobby or excessively delaying the Game or Match, may result in a Game or Match forfeit at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
1.3.4. Controller Spiking & Explicit Language Any and all forms of gaming hardware destruction, explicit language to other competitors, and general misconduct may result in further disciplinary action at the discretion of Warner Bros., Player First Games or the Tournament Organizer.
1.4 Cheating Any cheating, as determined by the Tournament Organizers in their sole discretion, will result in an immediate forfeiture and additional penalties depending on the severity of the infraction.
1.7. Penalties Players who break the rules in this document are subject to penalties including (but not limited to) the following:
● Match Restart
● Loss of Game
● Match Forfeiture